Pages

Feb 20, 2015

eternity in one moment | it's fiction time (v.)



meeting you again that day was like eternity compressed into one moment. it was like an adrenaline rush of memories that left me breathless. you might have caught me off guard, and i've told myself over and over again not to be caught surprised. but i did. and i guess it's okay, you know. it's fine to mess up sometimes. thinking back, i wonder if i might have surprised you as well.

i know ever since then, we've changed. you've changed, just look at you. but i don't want to change. i want to still live in the past. maybe it's selfish and, worse still, maybe you think i'm selfish, but that doesn't change it. your eyes tell me to live in the now. let's just move on, you say. but do you know how hard it is for me to move on? moving on means pushing memories away, it means forgetting. and i don't want to forget. it's too much to me to forget. i want to remember every single moment forever.

you know, the idea of eternity scares me sometimes. maybe because my mind can't comprehend it. maybe it's too vast and wide and abstract for me to grasp. but i think, that day when i met you again, it was almost like eternity, in one split second.


|| eternity flies ||




found this in my old drafts. i don't know why i never posted it, but here it is now!


oh, it's chinese new year and i'm in malaysia having way too much food and sleeping too much.
whatever, judge if you will ;)
have a beautiful day xxx.

22 comments

  1. Replies
    1. And I absolutely love receiving comments like yours. Thank you, Vanshi xxx.

      Delete
  2. That's so beautiful! I don't even have words for this *WOW*
    I love finding treasures in my drafts. Unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough. Hahaha! Thank you so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding things in my drafts box (I have tons of stuff in there). Gosh, this post though is just so relatable, people moving om and "forgetting". Beautiful, beautiful!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad I'm not the only one who writes stuff and shelves them ;)
      Thank you! You're a dear xxx.

      Delete
  4. Oh what beautiful fiction! I always look through my drafts when I don't have a new post, and it's always great when I find something that I could revise and publish :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's wonderful when I find draft posts like that.
      Aw, thanks, Arushee! xxx.

      Delete
  5. "moving on means pushing memories away, it means forgetting. and i don't want to forget"
    This, Elisabeth, is perfection. Don't ever stop writing, please <3
    Thinking about eternity...it's breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you SO much.
      Your comment is so, so lovely. Thanks, dear xxx.

      Delete
  6. beyond love this post. so so good.

    xx, rn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whyy thank you so much, darling! i'm so glad you enjoyed it xxx.

      Delete
  7. This post was breathless and brilliant and so good. ♥

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLD IT. this was amazing and beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are amazing and beautiful ;) Thank you for leaving this sweet comment xxx.

      Delete
  9. I love this. So beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing ever really changes, it just takes on other forms.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Avy. Thank you for commenting xxx.

      Delete
  11. The last paragraph, oh my. I can relate so much. Eternity in a second. <3 Please post more forgotten-in-the-drafts-gold? ;)

    This actually reminds me of a book I'm reading, Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. It's a lovely book about two people meeting again after years of heartache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, darling, thank you! I'll be looking out for such drafts (;
      Hmm, I've never read that book before, but I'll put it on my to-do reading list! Thanks xxx.

      Delete

leave a kind thought (or two)